To promote economic cooperation between Iran and China, a meeting of the Commercial Counsellor, Second Secretary and Third Secretary of the Embassy of the People Republic of China in Tehran, in the presence of Dr. Azimi, Secretary General of Iran Chamber of Cooperatives (ICC) and Managing Directors of the Iranian National Cooperative Unions of Pistachio and Handmade Carpet was held on Wednesday, December 18th,۲۰۱۹.
In this meeting, the Secretary-General of ICC presented the capacities and potentials of Iran’s Cooperative Sector and also the Chinese Commercial Counsellor referred to the historical background of Iran-China relations, and his country’s interest in the development of economic cooperation with Iran. He also emphasized the importance of developing interactions between two countries’ Cooperative Movement especially between ICC and All-China Federation of Supply and Marketing Cooperatives (ACFSMC) and the facilitating role of Chinese Embassy in this regard.
Also, some highlights by the Secretary-General of ICC to develop economic relations between the two countries’ Cooperative Movement are the following:
- Facilitate banking relations between Iran and China and to strengthen the role of the Iranian Co-operative Development Bank (Tose’e Ta’avon Bank) in this regard;
- Facilitate the issuance of business visas by China for the presence of Iranian economic activists in China;
- Investing Chinese economic actors in the Iranian capital market, given the good return and low risk of this market;
- Focus on new ways of financing both parties’ projects;
- Holding joint educational events on Cooperatives;
- Organizing and participating in business fairs and hosting and dispatching business delegations;
In the end, the two sides emphasized on further cooperation in the development of cooperative and commercial relations between Iran and China.